We take our food pretty seriously here. From fine dining in The Source Restaurant to fire walls in the Heavy Metal Kitchen. From grazing plates in the Wine Bar to house-baked croissants in the Cafe. From bespoke fare in Functions, to our latest fancy restaurant "Faro". We focus on high-quality local produce, contemporary and (mostly) uncomplicated cuisines that consistently exceed the expectations of our guests.
With this in mind, we are in need of an exceptional and experienced Sous Chef to complete our kitchen team. Your flexibility will see you working across all kitchens, including Functions and the Wine Bar.
- Work with the Head Chef and Executive Chef to create individual and exceptional experiences for guests
- Demonstrate a range of cooking techniques, monitoring quality of dishes at all stages of preparation and presentation
- Lead and motivate staff in all aspects of kitchen operations and presentation
- Stock management
- Kitchen presentation and asset management
- Lead and demonstrate respect for food safety guidelines and Work Health & Safety procedures
- Significant experience in a commercial cookery environment, with experience in a high-volume functions environment being highly regarded
- Experience in kitchen operations of a similar size to Mona.
- A passion for food and a willingness to express creativity in cooking
- Ability to adapt to a regularly changing environment and maintain high standards when under pressure
- An understanding of safe work practices with a commitment to maintaining a safe work environment
- Completed trade certificate in cookery.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving work environment, and have been looking for a role where your creative ideas can flourish, we'd love to hear from you. Apply now below!
Applications close Monday 28 February, however applications will be processed as they are received.